Saturday, May 19, 2007

Project Execution

I've decided to make a book using InDesign. Since my topic is pathways I will chose a shape that is leading. I will make one side of my book twice as long as the other. This long narrow rectangle represents path.

For the interactive portion. I will make a soundtrack of my walk through the neighborhood. I thought that this sound track could correspond with a diagram of the neighborhood that runs along the bottom of each page of the book (becoming it's own separate narrative). I this way, as the reader flips through the book, he is following my visual trail and hearing the sounds from that area of the block.

I could display this work in the gallery by designing a path/ representation of the neighborhood in a large scale print-out that is plaster on the wall. The path ends at my book which is standing on a small self on the wall. The front of the book corresponds with the path on the wall so that it looks as if the path naturally bleeds into my book. In the background the soundtrack of my path through the neighborhood will be playing.

No comments: